The TOEIC® Speaking and Writing public testing happens at the ITTCI offices the second Monday of every month at 1:30 p.m.
For both evaluations you need to reserve your spot in advance. Please call +(503)2228-5039 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
Once your reservation is confirmed, you can come into our office the day of the evaluation half hour before, bring an official picture ID (DUI or passport) and a N.2 graphite pencil.
Evaluation dates for TOEIC® Listening and Reading 2015:
July 6, 2015
August 3, 2015
September 7, 2015
October 5, 2015
November 9, 2015
December 7, 2015
Evaluation dates for TOEIC® Speaking and Writing 2015:
July 13, 2015
August 10, 2015
September 14, 2015
October 12, 2015
November 16, 2015
December 14, 2015
1) Audition comprehension
2) Reading comprehension
Part I: Audition comprehension
This part lasts 45 minutes and has 100 questions provided in an Audio CD which has 4 type of questions. The candidates will hear a variety of affirmations, questions, small conversations and then will answer according to what they heard.
Part I: 20 photo based questions
Part II: 30 questions on small conversations based on questions and answers
Part III: 30 questions based on small conversations
Part IV: 20 questions based on small monologues
Part II: Reading comprehension
This part lasts 75 minutes and has 100 questions. The candidates will read a variety of materials and will answer accordingly. This consists on 3 types of questions:
Part V: 40 questions based on incomplete sentences
Part VI: 20 questions based on error corrections
Part VII: 40 questions based on reading comprehension
The candidates will answer the questions by marking the letters (A), (B), (C) o (D) with a pencil in the answer sheet. Even though the real time of the test is about 2 hours, the candidates will need an extra time to enter the personal information in the answer sheet. So they will have about 2 hours and a half to take the test.
From small companies to big multinational businesses use TOEIC® to:
- Recruit, promote and place employees
- Select employees who will receive special training for the English language
- Implement an standard evaluation method in each area of the multinational companies
- Define a score according to the required level on the English language according to the company position
- Measure the progress of the employees who are taking an English training course.
Universities and Educative Centers
The universities and educational centers on a national and international level use TOEIC® to:
- Evaluate the progress and quality of their English programs
- Locate the adecuate learning level of the students
- Measure the progress of their students
- Select participants to the realization of professional practices
- Give the students an English certification with a world wide recognition, which can help them as a tool to apply to scholarships on other countries or position themselves better in a the professional world.
- To be used as a graduation requisite
If you want to use TOEIC® as a personal evaluation we recommend it to:
- Be able to use it in your resume a world wide recognized certification which will guarantee the mastery of the English language on the professional world.
- Apply to better positions in your industry or company or in international opportunities.
- Obtain a certification at the end of an English training
- Certify your level of the English language
The questions will represent certain situations such as:
•Business in General: Contracts, negotiations, marketing, selling, business plans and conferences.
•Manufacturing: Factory management, ensemble lines, quality control.
•Financess & Budgeting: Banks, investing, taxing, accounting, and more.
•Corporate Development: Research and development of a product
•Office: Directive meetings, committees, letters, phone, fas, emails, equipment, office equipment, office procedures.
•Human Resources: Personal selection, recruitment, hiring, retirement, job inquiries and job offers.
•Real Estate: Construction, specs, buying, rental, electrical services and more.
•Traveling: Trains, jets, cabs, buses, ships, ferries, tickets, schedules, airport announcement, car rental and hotel booking.
•Dining outside: Business and informal, banquettes, receptions, restaurant reservations.
•Entertainment: Movie theaters, theaters, music, art, communication media.
•Health: Medical insurance, doctor meetings, clinics and hospitals.
The topics provide the context of the questions which will appear on the exam. The candidates don’t need to have an specialized or technical knowledge, just the one that a normal person would use on a day to day basis.
ETS, an non profit organization, promotes the quality and equality of the education on a world scale creating evaluations based on a rigorous investigation. ETS develops, provided and qualifies over more than 50 millions of test anually, such as the TOEFL®, TOEIC®, GRE®, Subject Tests & The Praxis Series™ in over 180 countries, in 9000+ educational centers all over the world.
However, companies can use the TOEIC® evaluation to establish their own standards and ask for a minimal score in the TOEIC® test according to the needs of the position needed at work.
This doesn’t mean that a person can pass or fail the TOEIC® test, it simply means that a person can comply or not with the requirements of an specific institution in particular.
The TEAM system has been developed to record all the information in the test (including identity and answers). The scanner will also create and use comparison reports for the people who are taking the test.
The results will be determined by the number of correct answers the candidate has. The number of correct responses in each part, audition and reading, then it will be converted to a number from 5 to 495. The total score will be obtained by adding the score of the audition and reading TOEIC® test in a scale between 10 and 990.
There’s no penalization for bad answers.
The results will be reported in a “result curriculum” format and it can be used for internal or personal purposes. However, if the candidate or company decides to use the score for external purposes, you can ask for an Official Certificate at an aditional cost.
- It its reliable and objective: It doesn’t matter the format of the test, the results are always precise and consistent. The candidate can always compare the obtained results in the present with previous scores and compare their progress.
- It has a reasonable cost: TOEIC® has a good price for companies, groups, students and independent persons.
- It’s easy to manage: TOEIC® it’s an accessible test since it’s easy to manage according to the demand that it has.
On the other hand, TOEIC® evaluates and certifies the knowledge of the English language of an individual in the working space. Since the 2 tests has different purposes, the contents, design, and levels of the language each one evaluates are different.
The TOEFL® test is being used for admission processes in higher educational institutes. On the other hand the TOEFL ITP® test consist only for the internal use of the academic institution to evaluate the level of the English language of the students.
The test has 3 evaluation parts:
• Audition Comprehension: it measures the capacity of the student to understand English in the academic environment. Including short and long conversations, small talks and small conferences.
• Written structure and expression: It measures the capacity of the student to recognize structure and grammar of the English language.
• Reading: It measures the capacity to read and understand small paragraph at a college level.
• High schools
• Technical Institutions and colleges
• English programs
The test has 2 parts: Audition comprehension and reading comprehension.
- Audition Comprehension Part: The candidates will listen to recordings with affirmations, questions, small conversation and small talks in English and will have 50 questions based on what they’re listening. There are 3 parts:
• Part 1: Photos (15 questions)
• Part 2: Question – Answer (20 questions)
• Part 3: Small conversations (15 questions)
- Reading Comprehension Part: The candidates will read sentences and paragraphs and then they will answer 50 questions based on the readings. There are 2 parts.
• Part 4: incomplete sentences (30 questions)
• Part 5: reading comprehension (20 questions)
TOEIC Bridge™ helps individuals, businesses and educational institutes to:
• Position: Positions the people in the right level if the learning course.
• Show your progress: The mastery of the candidate or a group can be measured in time, using the TOEIC Bridge™ test multiple times to monitor the level of the individual or the group.
• Effectiveness of the evaluation program: When the TOEIC Bridge™ is given at the beginning of a learning program of the English language, the increment of the score can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of a program.
Entertainment: Movie theaters, theaters, music, art, museums, games.
Social activities: family, friends, relatives
Business in general: sales, conferences, training, dates, publicity.
Health: doctor consultations, physical state
Home/Property: Buy and sell, repairs
Office: letters, phone, fax, email, office, working procedures
News: TV and newspapers
Academic: Classes, lectures, teachers, books, exercises, subjects.
Travel: Transportation, tickets, schedules, traveling situations, car rental, hotels
However, the institutions can use the TOEIC Bridge™ test to establish their own level of standards which will require a certain minimum of points in the test. This doesn’t mean that a person can fail or pass the test, only means that either you can comply or not with the standards of the institution who’s asking for the score.
- Hire, recruit or promote employees
- Select employees for the French language training
- Define goals and required language level
- Measure the progress of the student and their mastery of the language after a French program
- Establish a reliable standard for the levels of French language required inside an organization